Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer vacation starts soon

Next week, we will finish Book III, then take a break. 


Your translator, Sue Burke, at the Port Notre-Dame in St-Jean-Pied-de-Port, a medieval town in southeastern France. The French route of the Way of St. James pilgrimage road starts there and passes through the gate and over the bridge – in fact, there’s a pilgrim right behind me. Photo by Mary Drzycimski-Finn.

+

As usual, after the next post, this blog will take August off. Actually, I’ll be working on Book IV throughout August, since we’re about to finish Book III.

I began this translation blog in January 2009, and at the current rate, I should finish the novel in July of 2017. Over the years, this translation has gathered more and more loyal readers – and I thank each and every one of you. I’m having fun and learning a lot, and I hope you are, too. If I can do anything to make this blog better for you, let me know.

Come back in September for more adventures of the greatest knight in the world. Will Amadis make peace with King Lisuarte? Will he marry Oriana? Will he learn that Esplandian is his son? And what about the evil sorcerer Arcalaus?

Remember that this blog is licensed under Creative Commons 4.0, so feel free to copy, distribute, display, share, or perform all or any part of it, or to create derivative works – for non-commercial use. Just say that you got it here. Thank you!

+

No comments:

Post a Comment